Please browse the frequently asked questions below. If you do not find the answer to your question - please contact us via the form below.
Installing Password Shield
To properly install Password Shield please follow the steps below.
1. Download Password Shield. If prompted by the browser, click on the download confirmation.
2. After the download is complete, click on the downloaded file shortcut
3. Confirm the installation process by clicking on the “Yes” button.
4. Click on the “Install” button and let the installation process run its course.
5. After Password Shield installs on your computer, the program will open after it finishes loading.
6. You are all DONE! Password Shield is ready to be used.
Uninstalling Password Shield
- Click Start in the lower left corner of your screen
- From the Programs menu, select Password Shield.
- Select Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen prompts until finished.
- Click Start at the lower left corner of your screen
- Click in the “Control Panel” menu button
- Choose Programs/Uninstall a Software
- Mark Password Shield under the applications list
- Choose Uninstall
Registering Password Shield
Password Shield is designed for simplicity and ease of use. All you need to do is register online or over the phone, and enter the activation code you have received into the activation box as detailed below.
1. Click on the Register Now Button.
You will be taken through a registration process and in the meantime, Password Shield will pop an activation code input prompt.
2. Complete the Registration Process
A quick and easy to complete registration process!
3. Copy & Paste the activation code into the activation box
Copy the activation code you have received into the activation box and click on the Activate button to complete the activation process.
What Is Password Shield?
Password Shield is a convenient password management solution that provides top of the line privacy and security from unwanted threats.
Why Do I Need a password manager?
Password managers save you from struggling to remember your passwords. In attempt to remember passwords, most users create weak and easy to remember passwords. Because password managers remember passwords for you, a user can have a unique password for every account; thus increasing account security.
How Does Password Shield Work?
Once you have logged into Password Shield after keying in your Master Password you are brought to the home screen. On the left side of the home screen there is a column entitled “my database”, this is where all of your passwords will be stored. Click on a category such as email or credit cards and it will become highlighted. Once the chosen category is highlighted, click the plus button located near the top left corner of the window to insert a new entry. A new screen will pop up prompting you to insert all information regarding the passwords and usernames you want to save for a specific account. Once you have filled in the required information click OK and your new entry has been added and saved to Password Shield.
Is Password Shield Free?
Password Shield features a free, unlimited use period of 15 days. After this the user will be prompted to upgrade to continue using.
What if I misplaced my Password Shield database?
If you have lost your Password Shield Database, type the name of your database in the search all programs and files option on your computer.
How Do I Change My Master Password?
To change your master password click the “file” tab in Password Shield. This will cause a drop down screen to appear. Select the option “change master key” and you will be prompted to enter in your new password.
How Do I Add A New Category To My Database?
To add a new category to your database first click “my database” in Password Shield. Then click the “edit” tab located at the top of the window. Next, click “add category” to create a new category.Next, enter the name of the category and click “ok.”