Please browse the frequently asked questions below. If you do not find the answer to your question - please contact us via the form below.
Installing Hard Disk Shield
To properly install Hard Disk Shield please follow the steps below.
1. Download Hard Disk Shield. If prompted by the browser, click on the download confirmation.
2. After the download is complete, click on the downloaded file shortcut
3. Confirm the installation process by clicking on the “Yes” button.
4. Click on the “Install” button and let the installation process run its course.
5. After Hard Disk Shield installs on your computer, the program will open after it finishes loading.
6. You are all DONE! Hard Disk Shield will begin scanning automatically and report back once scanning has been complete.
Uninstalling Hard Disk Shield
- Click Start in the lower left corner of your screen
- From the Programs menu, select Hard Disk Shield.
- Select Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen prompts until finished.
- Click Start at the lower left corner of your screen
- Click in the “Control Panel” menu button
- Choose Programs/Uninstall a Software
- Mark Hard Disk Shield under the applications list
- Choose Uninstall
Registering Hard Disk Shield
Hard Disk Shield is designed for simplicity and ease of use. All you need to do is register online or over the phone, and enter the activation code you have received into the activation box as detailed below.
1. Click on the Register Now Button.
You will be taken through a registration process and in the meantime, Hard Disk Shield will pop an activation code input prompt.
2. Complete the Registration Process
A quick and easy to complete registration process!
3. Copy & Paste the activation code into the activation box
Copy the activation code you have received into the activation box and click on the Activate button to complete the activation process.
What Is Hard Disk Shield?
Hard Disk Shield is an advanced hard drive space cleaner that enables a detailed scan and a safe cleaning process – thus freeing up needed hard drive space. Hard Disk Shield will scan and map both local and online sections of your hard drive and will list all irrelevant files that are safe to be deleted in order to free up more hard drive space. Hard Disk Shield will delete (upon your choice) unneeded duplicate files that take up much-needed hard drive space. It will also map all your large files on the chosen drive or folder and allow you to selectively delete them as needed.
What are the first steps I should take after installing Hard Disk Shield?
After installing the Hard Disk Shield you should run a thorough scan of your computer. Let the scanning process finish and review the results. The scan will report back the potential space to be added by cleaning your drive/s.
Beyond the general scan, we recommend searching for both duplicate and large files in order to eliminate any of those that are not needed from your hard drives. Upon scan completion, click the Clean button and let the system run its process.
Do I need to manually choose which files to delete?
Hard Disk Shield is by-default set to automate your cleaning. Computer savvy users may want to set different preferences. Large files and duplicates cleaning is a manually selected process in order to eliminate risks of wrong file deletion.
Is Hard Disk Shield free to use?
Hard Disk Shield is free to use for scanning and reporting purposes with no time frame limitation. Cleaning your system requires an upgrade to the Pro version. The upgrade is done via a click on the Register Now button.
Are there any risks using Hard Disk Shield?
Using Hard Disk Shield, like any other system related software needs to be done cautiously. The automated settings are set in a way that will minimize all risks of automatically deleting information you may need. However, once you are manually choosing files to be deleted you need to make sure you are certain of their nature and that you confirm you want them deleted.